Date: April 28, 2018, 9 am to 6 pm
Location: Faul Family Riverside Farm (https://www.faulriversideky.com), KY
Description: Are you interested in developing a permaculture-based farm? Use permaculture to make money while rehabilitating your land. Whether your farm is three acres or three hundred, this introduction to permaculture will help you to understand the benefits and process of incorporating permaculture design into your farm.
- What permaculture is, how it’s different from other approaches to sustainable food production including its basis in ethics and principles
- Reading the Landscape and assessing your potential
- How working with nature can improve yields, resilience in the face of pests, drought, etc…, and options for your bottom lines
- How to work with designers or the design process to save costly mistakes–and local resources
- Farm certifications and processes
- Working with markets near and far while also networking with those who share your values
Take your excitement, enthusiasm, and current knowledge to a new level of action using trusted methods for obtaining your aims. We want you to come out of the day with an outline for action!
Instructors: Rhonda Baird, Gabriel Hahn
Cost: $50/person (talk to us about sliding scale or scholarship)